Building a fence in Shenandoah County is simple if you have the right know-how and quality fencing products from Dutch Way. Learn more!
What Are My Options For Fences?
When it comes to fences, there’s no one-size-fits-all. Choosing the right fence for your Albemarle County property comes down to your unique needs and wants. If you’re asking yourself, “What kind of fence would be best for _____,” you’ve come to the right place. We’re taking a look at the best fence options for a variety of needs.
Fences for Seclusion & Privacy
Your backyard is a private oasis where you can escape during your downtime. Achieving the peace of a secluded yard can be accomplished with the right privacy fence.
- Wood Privacy Fence: Wood fences are a great option for homeowners on a budget due to their low initial cost. Keep in mind that you may have to sacrifice your weekends for upkeep because wood is susceptible to rot and splintering.
- Vinyl Privacy Fence: A vinyl privacy fence is one of the best investments you’ll make for your home. High-quality manufacturers assemble their vinyl privacy fences using interlocking panels that securely snap together. Plus, vinyl is made to last and will never require more than a simple hose-down to look great for decades.
Enhance Pool Safety
Did you know that most states in the U.S. require some type of fence around a residential pool? Virginia is no exception. If your Albemarle County pool needs a fence, here are some suggestions.
- Vinyl Privacy Fence: Privacy may be a must-have depending on your proximity to neighbors. Higher-end vinyl privacy fences are made with interlocking panels that won’t separate or gap.
- Vinyl Picket Fence: Vinyl is one of the best choices for pool fencing due to its moisture resistence. You’ll never have to worry about warping and splintering.
- Aluminum Fence: Aluminum metal fences boost security and blend in with their surroundings. The military-grade powder coating makes aluminum metal fences highly resistant to rust and damage.
Establish Property Lines
If you have expansive acreage and want to create a boundary to contain livestock and deter trespassers, you need a cost-effective, low-maintenance fence:
- Vinyl Split Rail Fence: Also known as post-and-rail fencing, this maintenance-free solution exudes rustic charm.
Keep Kids & Pets Contained
Do you need fencing solely to keep the little ones and pets in the yard but aren’t concerned about privacy?
- Chain Link Fence: Available at most big-box stores, chain link fences are low-cost and low-maintenance, but they detract from curb appeal. In fact, many HOAs don’t allow chain link fences because they are considered unsightly.
- Vinyl Picket Fence: Perhaps the most attractive option, a vinyl picket fence is charming and durable.
- Vinyl Yard Fencing: This no-frills, economical solution will look good for decades and requires little upkeep.
Taller fences made of durable materials are best for security. They should also have open sightlines so intruders can’t hide behind them.
- Chain Link Fence: Although chain link is unattractive, it is available with smaller openings between the mesh, making them difficult to climb. Adding barbed wire at the top increases security even more.
- Metal Fence: Ornamental wrought iron and aluminum fences are attractive options to boost security. Some are even available with curved, spiked, or diamond-topped designs.
Boost Curb Appeal
The white picket fence is synonymous with the American Dream for a reason. It symbolizes the tradition and simplicity of a well-kept suburban neighborhood. The picket fence is a lovely addition to landscaping and ultimately enhances the aesthetic of your Albemarle County home.
- Vinyl Picket Fence: Available in endless colors and styles, vinyl picket fences withstand the elements and are virtually maintenance-free.
- Wooden Picket Fence: Although wood fences have a lower upfront cost and usually look great for the first few months, the time and money you’ll spend on upkeep may not make them the best choice.
Your Source For Fences In Albemarle County.
Still trying to decide which fence is right for your needs? The fencing professionals at Dutch Way are here to guide you through your selection process. Our premium fencing products are ideal for home and business owners who want a beautiful solution that will last a lifetime. Industry-leading warranties back all our fences, so you can rest assured with Dutch Way.
Explore Your Options For Fences Today.
Dreaming of new fencing but need help figuring out where to start? Our guide will lead you through the process. Read more!
Vinyl fencing or aluminum? Our side-by-side comparison will help you decide. Trust Dutch Way with your fencing project. Get started!
Useful Tips & Important Facts About Adding A Privacy Fence in Charlottesville.
We’re all spending more time at home these days, so adding a privacy fence to your Charlottesville home can make good sense. Doing it right will make the difference between loving your new fence or hating it. Here are some tips and facts to ensure you love your new fence.
- Code, Zoning & Permits: Make sure you check the specific code, zoning and permit requirements of your Charlottesville or Albemarle property. You don’t need a permit to build a fence in Albemarle County unless it’s around a pool, but certain HOAs may require you to ask permission and submit drawings before construction.
- Talk To Neighbors & Know Your Boundaries: It’s a good idea to speak with your neighbors and research your property’s boundaries before you build a fence. Give them a heads-up, explain the fence placement, and be prepared to answer questions if they have any.
- Know What You’re Getting: Privacy fences are typically taller than traditional fences. That height protects you from prying eyes, but it can also create a boxed-in feeling. Sometimes that can feel cozy, but it is an aspect to consider when building your fence. If you’ve got a great view that you don’t want to lose, you can leave some areas open or make them shorter to keep that mountain view.
- Get Your Utilities Marked: Before you or your contractor starts digging, make sure you determine the location of underground utilities. Call Virginia811 or Miss Utility to schedule a visit to mark underground utilities so you can plan your project and dig appropriately.
Dutch Way Is Charlottesville’s Reputable Fencing Company.
Dutch Way Fencing has served customers in the Shenandoah Valley and Central VA for decades. Our experienced team walks you through your options and provides dependable, qualified recommendations. Ready to learn more about building a Charlottesville privacy fence? Contact us today!
We’ve Got The Info You Need For Your Albemarle County DIY Fencing Project.
Are you planning a DIY fencing project at your Albemarle County home? There are so many elements to consider when planning your project. Check out these helpful tips from your local fencing experts at Dutch Way:
Permits & Property Lines: Even the handiest homeowner may not realize the legal requirements for adding a fence to their property. In Albemarle County, you do not need a permit to build a fence unless that fence will be used for “safety or as a barrier around a swimming pool.” You also need to confirm all property lines to ensure you install the fence on your property and not that of your neighbor.
Zoning & Homeowners Associations: Check with your homeowner’s association to determine if there are any rules and regulations related to fencing in your neighborhood. Also, keep in mind that some zoning requirements will not allow solid fences at corners where traffic visibility could be affected.
Research Your Options: There are so many different fence types, and some are easier to install and maintain than others. Vinyl fencing is quick to install because pieces just snap together, and it’s super easy to maintain. Aluminum fencing takes a little more time to install, but it’s also reasonably easy to maintain. Wiping both vinyl and aluminum fences every year minimizes buildup over time.
Get Started With Help From Dutch Way.
Dutch Way Fencing is Albemarle County and Charlottesville’s leading supplier for vinyl and aluminum fencing. We work with homeowners and contractors to provide top-notch products for their next project. Not sure if you want to install your fence? No problem. We offer comprehensive installation and can also refer you to reputable contractors in your area. Get started with a free estimate on your DIY fencing project!
Your Guide To Aluminum Fences In The Shenandoah Valley.
Aluminum fences provide many benefits to Shenandoah Valley homeowners. Multiple features and long-lasting durability mean that aluminum should be at the top of your list if you’re thinking about adding or replacing your fence. Check out this quick guide with several of our favorite features and stop by and visit our showroom to see them in person.
Our Comprehensive Guide:
- Economical: Aluminum fencing is an affordable option for your property. Many options eliminate the middle rail for an attractive and economical fence for your home.
- Timeless: Traditional aluminum fencing looks similar to wrought iron fences without requiring time-consuming maintenance each year.
- Durable: A thorough powder coating protects your aluminum fence from the sun, rain, heat and humidity so you can depend on your fence to last!
- Customizable: We can customize your fence to meet your specific needs because our brand comes in multiple lengths, finishes, and colors. They also come with several different gate options. Choose polished black or textured bronze to complement your home.
- Green: Aluminum can be recycled so if you ever choose to replace your fencing, you can feel good about your environmental footprint.
- Multiple Styles: Each year, more styles come out to give homeowners options. Add ball caps to the posts, pickets, arches or quad tops to make your fence stand out!
- Perfect For Pools: Aluminum fencing is an ideal choice to surround your inground pool. Key- Link’s line of aluminum fencing can meet most pool code requirements!
Ready To See Your Options In-Person?
Dutch Way Fencing is conveniently located in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Out of our expansive showroom in Mt. Crawford, we display many of the vinyl and aluminum options that can define and distinguish your property. Stop by and see them in person and speak with one of our experienced sales professionals to get started looking at aluminum fences for your Shenandoah Valley home. Contact our team to schedule an appointment!
Your Harrisonburg Fence Can Provide Many Features.
There are multiple fence options to consider for your Harrisonburg property. Depending on your needs, location and style, your fence can serve many purposes. Here are some options to consider:
- Privacy Fence: Densely packed homes feel more private and secure with a tall vinyl privacy fence to shield you from your neighbors. These are especially nice for homes with pools. We’ll help you determine the appropriate height.
- Semi-Privacy Fence: For those who don’t want to completely block out the neighbors, these options provide some privacy. Lattice or spoke-style accents add visual interest to a fairly traditional vinyl option.
- Picket Fence: These charming vinyl fences help keep kiddos and pets in your yard without seriously obstructing your view. Consider a puppy picket to keep small dogs contained.
- Aluminum Fencing: If you love the look of wrought iron, our aluminum fencing options will fit the bill with less maintenance and at a lower cost. Surround your property, pool, or even add railing to your deck with these high-end options.
- Ranch Style Fencing: You’ve seen this style around rural and/or wooded homes. Some Harrisonburg homes are tucked into the woods and these 2 or 3-rail options look historical and appropriate.
- Ranch Style With Cross Buck: These vinyl options start with a 2, 3, or 4-rail set-up. We then add a cross detail between the rails to add visual interest.
See Your Options In Person!
Our showroom is the perfect place to check out the materials, styles and details that distinguish your fencing. You can see the colors, finishes, and post caps that add functional style to your home. Plus, our experienced team will walk you through your options and provide detailed information you may not have considered. Ready to learn more about your Harrisonburg fence options? Stop by our Mt. Crawford location to get more information.
Advice & Expertise From Your Charlottesville Fence Company.
Are you tackling spring projects and thinking about building a fence? We get it. As a Charlottesville fence company with a long history selling and installing vinyl and aluminum products in VA, we’ve got some tips to help you do it right the first time:
- Research & Plan: By reading this blog, you’re well on your way to building your own fence. We also recommend you look into city or county ordinances and your homeowner’s association to determine if you need a permit to build your fence or if there are any material or color restrictions. Getting this information early in the process gives you time to submit paperwork for permits and order the right materials. Now is also a good time to contact Miss Utility or any gas suppliers who might have tanks or cables buried underground. They’ll typically mark those locations for free so you know where not to dig.
- Rent Equipment: It may sound like a great workout to dig each fence post by hand, but it gets old quickly. It can also make your project take significantly longer. We recommend renting some equipment to expedite the process. You can rent from the local hardware store and the time savings makes it worth the investment.
- Use A Level: This may sound like common sense, but it isn’t for some people. As a fence company with years of experience replacing old fences, we’ve seen many that are not level. It may not look obvious at the beginning, but once each panel is installed, it’s much more visible.
Serving DIYers, Contractors and Homeowners.
We enjoy serving diverse customers; like DIYers, contractors working with customers, and homeowners looking to hire us to build their fence. We believe that there is plenty of work for all of us and enjoy the variation these different customers provide. Ready to learn more from your local Charlottesville fence company? Give us a call or visit us in Mt. Crawford.
The Winchester Ornamental Aluminum Fences Guide To Defining Your Property.
We’re your source for Winchester ornamental aluminum fences to complement your home and budget. For more than thirty years, we’ve helped residential homeowners and commercial businesses find vinyl and aluminum fencing solutions that work. Whether you’re looking to add a decorative wrought iron look to your property or a utilitarian aluminum fence, our experienced team is your source for professional guidance from concept to installation. Here’s our ornamental aluminum fencing guide for interested homeowners:
- The History: Decorative wrought iron fences defined the perimeter of historical homes during the Victorian era. In 1873, the White House had a wrought iron fence installed along the front of the property, cementing its popularity through the 19th century and into the 20th. Unfortunately, handmade wrought iron fencing is expensive and difficult to maintain. Ornamental aluminum fences are less expensive, more consistent, and easier to maintain, making them a smart replacement for wrought iron fencing.
- The Benefits: There are so many reasons to choose an aluminum ornamental fence. Installers can adjust aluminum fencing to accommodate your property. From steep slopes to gentle valleys, we can easily retrofit an aluminum fence to fit your landscape. Aluminum is also cheaper to manufacture and less corrosive than wrought iron, making it a less expensive option that is more durable. With endless color and finish options, you can find one that complements your home and property.
Dutch Way Is Your Source For Key-Link Ornamental Aluminum Fences.
We proudly carry American-made Key-Link aluminum fencing out of our showroom and warehouse in Mt. Crawford, Virginia. Their affordable and dependable products provide a long-lasting investment in your property. Whether you hire us to install your fence, a local contractor, or do it yourself, we’re able to help you choose the right design and color for your home. Visit our showroom to talk to an experienced team member and get started transforming the look and feel of your property. We’re your first choice when looking for Winchester ornamental aluminum fences. Get started today!
Our customers love
our work. Here’s why.
Dutch Way came this morning to begin the process of our vinyl fence. They have been extremely polite and easy to work with, knowledgable, patient and professional as we changed our minds a few times about what we wanted. Our fence posts are just starting to be put in, but I would already highly recommend them! Can’t wait to see the finished product.
Only place to go if you are looking for a quality fence at a reasonable price. The staff are professional and care about doing a quality job and making the customer happy. Thanks for everything Dutch Way! I wouldn’t use anyone else!
Dale and the team at Dutch Way are consistent with exceptional customer service. I always appreciate the personal attention and recommend Dutch Way to anyone in need of their services.
Get the inside scoop about the newest trends, products and techniques in the fencing, railing and decking world.